Terms of Service
1. PROHIBITED SITE USE
The uses described in these Terms are prohibited regardless of where on the Site they occur. For example, the activities are prohibited in job posts, proposals, MYiMsuite messages, communications with customer service or disputes, the community forum, and Client or Freelancer feedback.
1.1 Illegal, Fraudulent, Harmful, or Offensive Uses
You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate, or instructor induce others to use, the Site or Services for any activities that violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; for any other illegal, fraudulent, harmful, or offensive purpose; or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, or offensive.
Examples of prohibited uses of the Site or Site Services include:
- Seeking, offering, or endorsing illegal, obscene, or pornographic services or activities, including services (i) that would violate the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, of another person, entity, service, product, or website or (ii) that would involve the creation, review, or editing of pornographic, erotic, obscene, or sexually explicit material;
- Posting content that is offensive, defamatory, profane, vulgar, obscene, threatening, discriminatory, illegal, pornographic, obscene or sexually explicit in nature;
- Seeking, offering, or endorsing any services that would violate MYiMsuite’s Terms of Service or the terms of service of another website or any other contractual obligations;
- Seeking, offering, or endorsing any services that violate the academic policies of any educational institution;
- Fraudulently billing or attempting to fraudulently bill any Client, including by (i) falsifying or manipulating or attempting to falsify or manipulate the hours, keystrokes, or mouse clicks recorded in the MYiMsuite Team App, (ii) reporting, recording, or otherwise billing clients for time that was not actually worked, or (iii) reporting, recording, or otherwise billing hours worked by another person as hours worked by you in a way that is misleading or false;
- Expressing a preference in a job post or proposal or otherwise unlawfully discriminating based on race, religion, colour, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military/veteran status or any basis protected by applicable law;
- Posting content that is harassing towards another person or violates the rights of a third party;
- Posting identifying information concerning another person;
- Making or demanding bribes;
- Making or demanding payments without the intention of providing or receiving services in exchange for the payment;
- Spamming other Users;
- Using any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission or collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including Account names, from the Site; and
- Engaging in any conduct that is reasonably likely to or that is intended to harm the Site, including (i) imposing an unreasonable or disproportionately large load (in our sole discretion) on the Site’s infrastructure; (ii) interfering or attempting to interfere with the proper operation of the Site or Site Services or any activities conducted on the Site; (iii) bypassing any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site or any subparts of the Site, including, without limitation, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Site or the content therein; or (iv) attempting to interfere with or compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Site.
1.2 Using the Site Other than For the Intended Purposes
MYiMsuite makes the Site and Services available for Clients and Freelancers to find one another, enter service relationships, make and receive payments through escrow, and receive and perform Freelancer Services. Users are expected to use the Site and Services for their intended purposes and Users may not use the Site and Services in contravention of their intended purposes. The following are examples of prohibited use of the Site:
- Offering services for the sole purpose of obtaining positive feedback of any kind;
- Requesting, demanding, or receiving free services, including requesting Freelancers to submit work as part of the proposal process for very little or no money or posting contests in which Freelancers submit work with no or very little pay, and only the winning submission is paid the full amount;
- Requesting a fee before allowing another User to submit a proposal;
- Posting the same job multiple times so that more than one version remains active at a given time;
- Withholding payment or Work Product or engaging in any other conduct for obtaining positive feedback from another User;
- Attempting to falsify, manipulate, or coerce another User by threatening to give negative feedback;
- Misusing the feedback feature to express views unrelated to the work, such as political, religious, or social commentary;
- Duplicating or sharing accounts;
- Selling, trading, or giving an account to another person without MYiMsuite’s consent;
- Sharing or soliciting contact information such as email, phone number, or Skype ID in a profile or job post;
- Soliciting or processing payment outside of MYiMsuite in violation of the Terms of Service;
- Advertising products or services that are outside or beyond the scope of the MYiMsuite marketplace; and
- Advertising on MYiMsuite to recruit Freelancers to join an Agency or another website or company.
1.3 Using the Site to Post False or Misleading Content
All profiles, jobs, proposals, and other content posted to the Site must be truthful and not misleading. Here are examples of prohibited uses:
- Misrepresenting a Freelancer’s experience, skills, or information;
- Impersonating any person or entity, including, but not limited to, an MYiMsuite representative, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Falsely attributing statements to any MYiMsuite representative, forum leader, guide or host;
- Allowing another person to use your account, which is misleading to other Users;
- Falsely stating or implying a relationship with MYiMsuite or with another company with whom you do not have a relationship;
- Falsely stating or implying a relationship with another User, including an Agency continuing to use a Freelancer’s profile or information after the Freelancer no longer works with the Agency; and
- Falsely stating that one Freelancer will perform the work on a job when another will in fact perform the work, including submitting a proposal on behalf of a Freelancer that is unable, unwilling, or unavailable to do the work.
We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of these Terms. We may investigate violations and may remove, disable access to, or modify any content that violates these Terms.
We may report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate User information. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of these Terms.
3. REPORTING AND CORRECTING VIOLATIONS
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files, containing small amounts of information, which are downloaded to your browsing device (such as a computer or smartphone) when you visit a website. Cookies can be recognized by the website that downloaded them — or other websites that use the same cookies. This helps websites know if the browsing device has visited them before.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like helping us understand how the Site is being used, letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improving your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
What types of cookies does MYiMsuite use?
The type of cookies used on most websites can generally be put into one of six categories: Strictly Necessary, Performance, Functionality, Flash, Tailored Content and Targeting. To provide you with the best browsing experience, MYiMsuite uses all of these categories on the Site. You can find out more about each cookie category in the sections below.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential, as they enable you to move around the Site and use its features, such as accessing secure areas. Without these cookies, some services you have asked for such as payment submission can’t be provided.
These cookies collect information about how you use the Site, for example which pages you go to most often and if you get error messages from certain pages. These cookies don’t gather information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how the Site works.
These cookies allow the Site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you’re in). For instance, the Site uses functionality cookies to remember your language preference. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you’ve made to text size, font and other parts of pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you’ve asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymous and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
We may, in certain circumstances, use Adobe Flash Player to deliver special content, such as video clips or animation. To improve your user experience, Local Shared Objects (commonly known as “Flash cookies”) are employed to provide functions such as remembering your settings and preferences. Flash cookies are stored on your device, but they are managed through an interface different from the one provided by your web browser. This means it is not possible to manage Flash cookies through your browser in the same way you would normally manage cookies. Instead, you can access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s website.
Tailored Content Cookies
Tailored content cookies help the Site provide enhanced features and display content in a way that is relevant to you. These cookies help the Site determine what information to show you based on how you have used the Site previously. These cookies do not track your browsing activity on other websites.
These cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They remember that you have visited a website and this information may be shared with other organizations such as advertisers. This means after you have been to the Site you may see some advertisements about our services elsewhere on the Internet.
How long will cookies stay on my browsing device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your browsing device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your browsing device until they expire or are deleted.
First and third-party cookies
First party cookies are cookies that belong to us, while third party cookies are cookies that another party places on your browsing device through our Site. For example, Facebook will place a cookie on your browsing device if you click on the Facebook link when browsing the Site.
How to control and delete cookies through your browser
The browser you are using to view the Site can enable, disable or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help,” “Tools” or “Edit” facility). Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of the Site for example applying for a job or posting a job. Other parts of the Site may also not work properly. You can find out more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at: https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/
If you become aware of any violation of these Terms, you must immediately report it to Customer Service at: email@example.com. You agree to assist us with any investigation we undertake and to take any remedial steps we require to correct a violation of these Terms.